Antana has set up a full, integrated management system (ERP) in the Microsoft Cloud. The ERP selected was Microsoft Dynamics Nav (previously known as Navision) and, in order to set it up, Antana employed the professional services of GOOM SPAIN, a company specialised in Microsoft Online solutions.
The main reasons our building company was looking for an advanced solution of this kind were, amongst others:
- A desire to improve the customer relations and service through the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- A desire to improve the economic management and planning of projects
- A desire to optimise contracting and purchases
- A desire to increase control on the result of each project and on treasury predictions
As such, Antana, in its search of excellence, wished to direct the investment in information technology towards the growth of engineer and architect productivity as well as an improvement in the services offered to clients.
In order to achieve this, the company has integrated - thanks to GOOM SPAIN once again - the solution of Microsoft Office 365 which will allow all Antana employees access (from any place and device) to:
- Shared schedules and calendars
- Latest versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint...
- Video conferencing facilities, online chat platform, instant messaging system
- Intranet/Extranet for the management of digital documents
- Virtual hard disc synced to the PC
Said computing tools are located within the ERP so that any member of the team can access the information in his or her area at any time.
One of the main advantages of this new system in the Cloud is that it reduces investment costs, given that it does not require the use of servers, networks or complex applications.
According to Fernando García, the individual responsible for systems at our building company: "The installation of Navision in the Cloud has been an important advancement as both the Antana Management and Project Management teams may access all this information from anywhere. This includes consulting economic information, plans, contracts or any other information loaded on the system."
With regards to the change of tools, he confirms: "Before, we were using simple accounting systems and Excel spreadsheets; now, we can enter the data into the system once and it's available for the whole organisation at any time."
In reference to the set up period, he states: "In just six weeks we have set up the system with the help of GOOM SPAIN. We have configured the system in accordance with our needs and, really very simply, we have been able to enter all the information and obtain tailor-made reports."